Bwcio will only be permitted upon agreement of the following terms…
The check-in time is any time after 4.00 pm on the start day of the letting period. The check-out time is any time before 10.00 am on the end day of the letting period.
Payment must be made in advance as required by the owner, this would usually be no later than two months before the start of the holiday.
The maximum occupancy is 18 people
A 30% holding deposit is payable to secure booking (see ‘The Deposit’ below)
Minimum stay 3 nights (weekend breaks); maximum stay 28 nights
The booking guest must be aged 18 or over and have legal capacity to enter into legally binding agreements
The Welsh Government covid-19 rules apply to this listing and guests are responsible for ensuring they are in compliance with these. The rules are regularly updating and further details can be found here.
The “Property” (Cae’r Blaidd Country House) includes:
- the furniture, fixtures and fittings specified in the inventory;
- the use of any rights of access, path, drive, garden, Arctic Lodge, any common parts and any other things reasonably necessary for the enjoyment of the property and which the owner can grant.
- The guest will pay a holding Deposit of 30% of the rental amount to the owner before booking is confirmed.
- Should the holiday be cancelled the return of the Deposit is subject to the terms of the cancellation policy below.
- Once a booking is approved by the owner, the guest is responsible for the full cost of the holiday. The balance after deposit (‘the Balance’) shall be paid not later than 2 calendar months before the holiday is due to commence.
- The owner reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 7 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the guest over and above the Deposit will be refunded. The owner will try to re-let the Property for the booked period but, if they are unable to do so, the guest will remain liable for the outstanding Balance of the cost of the holiday, and the Deposit will not be refunded.
A full refund of all monies paid will be granted if cancellation occurs within 24 hours of booking confirmation.
Following the end of the 24 hour cooling-off period, in the event of cancellation, guests may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to the owner before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follows:
- 21 or fewer days notice – No refund due
- 22-35 days notice – 10% of the total rental amount
- 36-49 days notice – 20% of the total rental amount
- 50 days-2 calendar months – 40% of the total rental amount
- More than 2 calendar months notice – the guest’s liability for the Balance will be waived or the Balance refunded if this has been paid previously.
In all of the above cases the Deposit will not be refunded, unless the owner is able to re-let the holiday. The owner will try to re-let the Property for the booked period but this cannot be guaranteed. Guests are advised to take out holiday insurance to protect against an unplanned need for cancellation.
If a refund is due it will be paid within 10 working days of cancellation.
The owner may cancel the booking and refund all amounts already paid by the guest if:
- the owner becomes aware of any health and safety or quality-related issue with the Property or its immediate surroundings (for example contamination to the Property’s water supply);
- circumstances or events that justify cancellation arise outside the owners reasonable control.
In this paragraph, a promise by the guest not to do something also implies that the guest will not allow anyone else to do that same thing. The guest now promises that he/she will:
- keep the interior of the Property in clean and good repair and condition;
- clean and keep free from blockages and obstructions all baths, sinks, lavatories, cisterns, drains, gutters, pipes, chimneys and the like;
- not dispose of “wet wipes”, disposable nappies or other items of personal hygiene down the lavatory;
- keep clean the carpets, curtains and all other items in the inventory;
- keep clean the insides of all windows and replace any which break for any reason;
- pay for any necessary repairs or replacement goods damaged during the letting period (with the exception of fair wear and tear);
- use the Property only as a holiday home for no more people than the maximum occupancy stated above and will not operate a business at the property or use it for any improper, immoral or illegal purpose;
- not assign, sublet, charge or part with or share possession or occupation of all or part of the Property;
- not cause nuisance or annoyance to the owner, other guest or any neighbour;
- not change or remove any of the owner’s furniture, fixtures and fittings or items on the inventory;
- not change or install any locks on any doors or windows nor have additional keys made for any locks without the prior written consent of the owner;
- not keep or allow pets of any kind on the Property without prior written consent of the owner.
- report to the owner any disrepair or defect in respect of the Property or the fixtures and fittings and report any failure of mechanical or electrical appliances;
- allow the owner, his agent or contractors access to the Property at reasonable hours during the day, or to carry out urgent and unforeseen repairs or other works to the Property or to carry out maintenance of the appliances. The owner will normally give at least 24 hours’ notice but the guest will give immediate access in an emergency;
- whenever the Property is left unattended, the guest will fasten all locks to all doors and windows, to prevent unauthorised access to the Property.
- The owner will maintain whatever insurances he/she wishes against any risk relating to the Property. He will not insure anything owned by the guest.
- The guest will not do, nor allow anyone else to do, anything that could adversely affect the owner’s insurance of the Property.
- If the guest does anything that prejudices the owner’s insurance, he/she will be liable to the owner for any resulting loss.
At the end of the tenancy the guest will:
- immediately return all the keys of the Property to the Owner or comply with such arrangements for the return of the keys as the Owner reasonably suggests before the commencement of the tenancy;
- remove all personal effects and rubbish and leave the Property and the Owner’s fixtures and fittings in the same clean condition and state of repair as at the start of the tenancy, fair wear and tear excepted. Instructions on the disposal of rubbish will be given after booking.
- At the end of the Tenancy the owner will check the inventory room by room. Any damage will be evidenced by photos.
- If the owner is not satisfied as to the condition of a room or anything in it, the Owner may seek to recover the cost of making good the damage from the guest. The Owner must provide a written breakdown of the damage and the sum claimed within 1 calendar month from end of the rental period.
- If the guest does not agree to the sum claimed, the owner will obtain a written quotation for the cost of rectification from a contractor.
- The owner may then accept the quotation and pay for the work. He/she must then provide copies of the quotation and the subsequent invoice to the guest.